B.A., Wittenberg University, 1986; M.Div., Lutheran School of Theology, 1991; Ph.D., Marquette University, 2004; Staff, Ohio Governor’s Office of Communications, Columbus, OH, 1986-87; Pastorate: Tyrone, PA, 1991-97; Interim Pastorate: Milwaukee, WI, 1999; Pastorate: Milwaukee, WI, 2000-05; Teaching Assistant, Marquette University, 1997-99; Adjunct Instructor, Marquette University, 2000-02, 2004-05; Assistant Professor of Systematic Theology, Trinity, 2005-2010, Associate Professor of Systematic Theology, Trinity July 2010-.
- “A Lutheran Engagement with Wesley on the Work of the Spirit,” in The Holy Spirit and the Christian Life: Historical, Interdisciplinary, and Renewal Perspectives, CHARIS: Christianity and Renewal-Interdisciplinary Studies, ed. Wolfgang Vondey (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014), 93-108.
- With Nate Frambach. “Church of the Future: Deeper Understandings.” The Lutheran (March 2014): 14-15.
- “The Church In/Is the Public Sphere.” Connect: Journal of Children, Youth and Family Ministry. (Winter 2014): 5-6. http://issuu.com/elcayouthministrynetwork/docs/connect_journal_winter_2014_167
- "Who is the Church? An Ecclesiology for the Twenty-First Century". Minneapolis, Fortress Press, 2013.
- “The Holy Spirit and the Church in Lutheran Preaching." In the Holy Spirit and Church: Ecumenical Reflections with Pastoral Perspectives on The Church: Towards a Common Vision, ' Ashgate Contemporary Ecclesiology, ed. Thomas Hughson, S.J., 3-24. lONDON: Routledge, 2016. https://www.routledge.com/The-Holy-Spirit-and-the-Church-Ecumenical-Reflections-with-a-Pastoral/Hughson/p/book/9781472456977
- "The Church." Lutheran Quarterly v. 30 (2016): 43-59.
- "An Ecclesia and Missio Crucis: Douglas John Hall’s Contribution to the Missional Church Conversation.” Dialog: A Journal of Theology Vol. 54, No. 2 (Summer 2015): 162-170.
- “The Church Transformed.” Seminary Ridge Review Vol. 17, No. 1 (Autumn 2014): 16-37.
- “Healing as an Image for the Atonement: A Lutheran Consideration.” In Justification in a Post-Christian Society, ed. Carl-Henric Grenholm and Göran Gunner, 72-87. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publication, 2014. http://wipfandstock.com/justification-in-a-post-christian-society.html
- “The Past, Present, and Future of American Lutheran Bishops.” Lutheran Forum (Fall, 2014): 15-22.
- “The Holy Spirit and Preaching in Martin Luther.” In Holy Spirit: Unfinished Agenda, ed. Johnson T. K. Lim, 310-313. Singapore: Armour Publishing & Word N Works, 2014. https://www.amazon.com/Holy-Spirit-Unfinished-Agenda-Johnson/dp/9814597643
- “The Great Awakening as an ‘Outpouring of the Spirit’ in the Work of Redemption according to Jonathan Edwards: A New Interpretive Framework.” Jonathan Edwards Studies On-Line Journal, Vol. 4, No. 1 (2014):61-80. http://jestudies.yale.edu/index.php/journal/issue/view/25