B.A., Wittenberg University, 1986; M.Div., Lutheran School of Theology, 1991; Ph.D., Marquette University, 2004; Staff, Ohio Governor’s Office of Communications, Columbus, OH, 1986-87; Pastorate: Tyrone, PA, 1991-97; Interim Pastorate: Milwaukee, WI, 1999; Pastorate: Milwaukee, WI, 2000-05; Teaching Assistant, Marquette University, 1997-99; Adjunct Instructor, Marquette University, 2000-02, 2004-05; Assistant Professor of Systematic Theology, Trinity, 2005-2010, Associate Professor of Systematic Theology, Trinity July 2010-.
- “A Lutheran Engagement with Wesley on the Work of the Spirit,” in The Holy Spirit and the Christian Life: Historical, Interdisciplinary, and Renewal Perspectives, CHARIS: Christianity and Renewal-Interdisciplinary Studies, ed. Wolfgang Vondey (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014), 93-108.
- With Nate Frambach. “Church of the Future: Deeper Understandings.” The Lutheran (March 2014): 14-15.
- “The Church In/Is the Public Sphere.” Connect: Journal of Children, Youth and Family Ministry. (Winter 2014): 5-6. http://issuu.com/elcayouthministrynetwork/docs/connect_journal_winter_2014_167
- "Who is the Church? An Ecclesiology for the Twenty-First Century". Minneapolis, Fortress Press, 2013.
- “Who is the Church?” Dialog: A Journal for Theology 51/1 Spring 2012: 24-30.
- “Lutheran Principles for Ecclesiology.” In Critical Issues in Ecclesiology (a festschrift for Carl E. Braaten), ed. Alberto Garcia and Susan Wood (Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 2011), 148-171.
- “Communal Eschatology and the Communion of Saints: A Lutheran Perspective.” In The Hope of Eternal Life: Lutherans and Catholics in Dialogue XI, ed. Lowell G. Almen and Richard J. Sklba (Minneapolis: Lutheran University Press, 2011) 196-211.
- “A Pneumatology of the Cross: The Challenge of Neo-Pentecostalism to Lutheran Theology. ”Dialog: A Journal for Theology 50/2 (Summer 2011): 133-142.
- “Spirit and Body: A Feminist and Lutheran Conversation.” In Transformative Lutheran Theologies: Feminist, Womanist, and Mujerista Perspectives, ed. Mary J. Streufert (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2010), 153-164.
- “Table Grace: Communion Distinctions in the Lutheran and Methodist Traditions” (with Sarah Heaner Lancaster). Sacramental Life, Vol. 22, No. 1 (Winter 2010): 22-30.
- “The One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church in the Context of North America.” In One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church: Some Lutheran and Ecumenical Perspectives, Lutheran World Federation Studies, 01/2009, ed. Hans-Peter Grosshans, 171-188. Minneapolis: Lutheran University Press, 2009.
- “Font to Table or Table to Font?” Lutheran Forum 42/2 (Summer 2008): 46-51. http://www.lutheranforum.org/categories/archive/summer-2008/LF2008-2_46-49_Peterson-Font_to_Table_or_Table_to_Font.pdf
- "Whither Lutheran Ecclesiology?" Trinity Seminary Review 27/2 (Summer/Fall 2006): 107-120.
- "The question of the church in North American Lutheranism: Toward an ecclesiology of the third article." PhD diss., Marquette University, 2004. Abstract: http://epublications.marquette.edu/dissertations/AAI3154001/