D.Min. San Francisco Theological Seminary, San Anselmo, California
M. Div. Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Columbus, Ohio
M.S. Construction Engineering and Management, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
B.S. Civil Engineering – Construction Option, North Carolina State University, Raleigh
- 2008-2013. Lead Pastor, Epiphany Lutheran Church, Suwanee, Georgia. Chartered in 1998 as a new mission start of the ELCA. Envisioned and completed a building expansion project to better reach the community and to sacredly form all from cradle to grave.
- 1993-2008. Lead Pastor, Abiding Hope Lutheran Church, Littleton, Colorado. Led church through a three-fold increase in worship attendance, making it the second newest congregation among the ELCA's eighty largest. Was recognized by a Lilly Endowment-funded study as one of fifty mainline congregations that are "good news" in North America. Established a second campus in Highlands Ranch and a multi-site, growing presence in India. Successfully completed two major expansion/building projects. During his tenure, Abiding Hope was recognized for excellence in outreach, indigenous Lutheran worship, asset-development in children and adolescents, and for transformational leadership development of interns/residents.
- 1989-1993. Pastor, Calvary Lutheran Church, Apollo Beach, Florida. Oversaw a three-fold increase in average weekly worship and the construction of a new worship center.
- Founder and former Executive Director of the Haitian Timoun Foundation, a US 501(c) 3 public charity supported and funded by a collection of mainly ELCA congregations nationwide, US and multi-national corporations, and individuals. The mission of the foundation is to create a future of hope, sustainability, and dignity for the children of Haiti. In 2010 following the earthquake, the US Peace Corps named HTF as one of five organizations they recommended as best positioned to wisely spend resources at a grassroots level. HTF has also been recognized for its groundbreaking work eradicating extreme poverty in the Central Plateau.
- Currently serving on the Emory University Board of Visitors.
- Currently serving on the Southeastern Synod Stewardship Task Force.
- Serves as consultant with congregations and other groups, a speaker at conferences all around the country, teacher, and mentor. Has taught on Trinity Lutheran Seminary’s campus and was invited to address the 2008 gathering of the ELCA’s Academy of Teaching Theologians on the topic of “Teaching Lutheran Theology Missionally.”
- Founder of the Abiding Hope Academy for Adaptive Leadership and Spiritual Formation.
- Served for twelve years on the board of Lutheran Family Services of Colorado.
- Founder and President for thirteen years of Parents and Community Connecting Together, a Jefferson County, Colorado based non-profit with a mission of bringing wellness to children and adolescents through developmental assets. This initiative was the catalyst for a multi-million dollar statewide initiative.
- Served on the founding board of Lutheran Outdoor Ministries of Florida.